Metal Gear Online PS3 Cheat Code
Successfully complete the indicated task to get the corresponding ranking to
appear next to your name online:
- Bear: Perform a lot of CQC attacks.
- Bee: Perform a lot of scans.
- Chameleon: Prefer Team Sneaking rules.
- Chimera: Have a lot of sniper kills.
- Crocodile: Have a very good kill/death ratio.
- Doberman: A Top-Class Soldier.
- Dove: Perform a lot of non-lethal attacks.
- Eagle: Have a large percentage of headshots.
- Fox: The Best Of The Best.
- Foxhound: A Living Legend.
- Flying Squirrel: Have a high percentage of rolling.
- GA-KO: Prefer Rescue rules.
- Grasshopper: Crawl the majority of the time.
- Hound: A Superior Soldier.
- Jaws: Perform a lot of knife kills.
- Kerotan: Perform a lot of captures.
- Night Owl: Use the ENVG a lot.
- Pigeon: Perform a lot of non-lethal attacks.
- Rat: Fall for a lot of traps.
- Sloth: Get shot in the head a lot.
- Snake: Play a lot of sneaking missions.
- Tarantula: Have a lot of team kills.
- Tsuchinoko: Rarely play.
- Turtle: Use the cardboard box a lot.
- Water Bear: Have a high survival rate.
Progress through Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots to unlock
new songs in Metal Gear Online. All songs will become unlocked with a cleared
saved game file from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots. Note:
Continuing a new game session on a cleared saved game file will cause all
Metal Gear Online tracks to become locked again until you pass the point
where they are normally unlocked.
Do not overuse the aim, meaning do not walk around aiming your gun
everywhere. The problem becomes blatant when you walk into an open space and
need to examine your surroundings quickly, so as not to get shot. Your aim speed
is very slow. Instead, use the camera to look around quickly. Also, the
direction in which you point your camera is where your character will aim his
weapon when you press [Aim]. This is much faster than manually aiming. Finally,
do not spray and pray.
Never stay scoped for too long. If you do, you will not be able to see your
surroundings; if an enemy sneaks up on you, they will probably kill you in the
most humiliating way he or she can think of.
Always keep claymores and magazines to alert you of the presence of an enemy
that is trying to sneak up behind you. With magazines it is slightly more
difficult, but it should be the primary choice only because while the enemy is
occupied looking at the magazine, you can easily get a headshot. Claymores will
just knock them back, then they will get up and kill you.
When you kill an enemy from one vantage point, switch to another. Most of the
time when you kill an enemy they will know where you shot them from, then they
will sneak up behind you and kill you with ease. For example, at G.G., if you
kill someone from the tower, get off the tower, and run to the roof. By doing
this, they will not know where you are.
Never use the catapult. Almost every time you use the catapult, the enemy
will know where you are going. They will then sneak up behind you and kill you.
Use tranquilizers instead of handguns. The Mozin-Nagant is not recommended.
Use the Mk. II tranquillizer instead. If an enemy gets close to you, shoot them
in the head with the Mk. II, then zoom in with your scope, and get a headshot
(for about 400% more experience points).
For easy headshots, shoot slightly ahead of the enemy. By doing this, the
enemy will just run into the bullet. Make sure not to miss or you will alert the
enemy to your presence.
While playing the game, type <SONG> (case-sensitive) in the chat
window to have your character sing a part of the Metal Gear Online
When using a USB or Bluetooth headset for voice chat and want to talk, hold
Select to enable voice chat. You will see your name and the corresponding color
of the team you are on at the left side of the screen. Hold Select again to
disable voice chat.
Character selection screensaver
At the character selections screen, remain idle. Your character will hide in
a box or start reading a magazine.
Remove frosty breath
When playing in stages where your breath frosts, have Snake play dead while
prone, and his frosty breath will no longer be seen by others.
At the selection screen, keep spinning your character in circles. When you
stop, he will get dizzy and fall over.